This section contains 25 questions which have been selected so as to test your knowledge of culture regarding a number of English speaking countries. Choose the answer which you believe to be correct from the list following each question.
1. Which of the Beatles was not a member of the original group?
2. How many Americans have walked on the moon?
3. What was the nationality of the man who invented basketball?
4. Who is Guy Fawkes?
5. Which of the following did Thomas Edison not invent?
6. In which city was the first passenger elevator installed?
7. Who lives at 221b Baker Street?
8. Which of the following was not home to an American President?
9. Who fought against the Dutch in the Boer War?
10. Where was Queen Elizabeth's husband, Prince Philip, born?
11. Which of the following have the same national flower?
12. What, according to legend, will happen if the ravens leave the Tower of London?
13. Who used elephants when conquering Britain?
14. Where was the sandwich first eaten?
15. Though his picture is found on one piece of American currency, he was not a President of the United States.
16. What could you do if you were next to Ben Nevis?
17. What's the capital of Canada?
18. What can you see at 11:30 in front of Buckingham Palace?
19. How many American Presidents have been assassinated while still in office?
20. What is New Scotland Yard, and where is it located?
21. If the President of the United States is incapacitated, the Vice President succeeds him. Who would succeed the Vice President?
22. Which country has the smallest population?
23. Which building is/ was the tallest building in America?
24. Who is Hercule Poirot?
25. Who is considered the 'father of English literature'?
Готово? Нажмите на кнопку "Результат тестирования", и вы узнаете свой уровень знаний и количество правильных ответов.